The Educational Objectives for the MBA in Creative Enterprise include:
- Cultivating Leadership Capacities: To cultivate the leadership capacities that further transformative and ethical engagement within business and cultural contexts.
- Practicing Creative Action Inquiry: To develop creative inquiry skills that enable collaboration responsive to high complexity and ambiguity.
- Core Business Functions: To identify and implement business methods and practices of human resources, operations, economics, finance, accounting, marketing, management, and strategy, towards building and sustaining a creative enterprise.
- Generative Entrepreneurship and Transformative Innovation: To develop the practices and perspectives that link entrepreneurial competencies with impacting the commons in ways that are generative and emancipatory, and to ignite individual and collective creativity to generate emancipatory, disruptive, and transformative innovations.
- Transforming Business as a Profession: Regenerating the Commons: To develop competencies required to conceive, build, and lead creative and emancipatory enterprises; to apply the competencies associated with generative entrepreneurship to producing generative globalization in service of thriving local communities, restoration of the earth's resources, and regenerating the commons.
MBA in Creative Enterprise Program Learning Outcomes:
- Reflexivity: Skillful and embodied self-awareness
- Empathy: Depthful understanding of the other's needs and circumstances on multiple levels, states, and life circumstances.
- Collaborativity: The capacity to associate with others in ways that foster individuality, autonomy, complexity, dependability, and reciprocity.
- Collaboration Skills: Skills that enable creative responses to challenges entailing high complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity in organizational and business contexts.
- Culture: Knowledge of stories and values that constitute how culture shapes individual and collective experience within business, from the micro (individual business) to the macro (global business cultures), and the role of cultural innovation incultural leadership and transformative innovation.
- Core Business Functions: Identifying and implementing business methods and practices of human resources, operations, economics, finance, accounting, marketing, management, and strategy towards building and sustaining a creative enterprise.
- Producing Transformative Innovation: Competencies for individual creativity and for igniting the dynamics of collective creativity to generate emancipatory, disruptive, and transformative innovations designed to impact both the whole person and whole-system.
- Generative Entrepreneurship: Practices and perspectives that link entrepreneurial competencies with impacting the commons, in ways that are generative and emancipatory.
- Regenerating the Commons: Applying the competencies associated with generative entrepreneurship to producing generative globalization, in service of thriving local communities, global justice, and restoration of the earth's resources.
- Transforming Business as a Profession: Competencies to conceive, build, and lead creative and emancipatory enterprises that serve to regenerate the commons, enhancing sustainability and social justice.
Graduation Requirements for the MBA:
- Students are required to complete 60 credits (600 hours).
- Students are expected to engage in a 'Creative Action Practicum' with a business or organization, over a period of two quarters.
- Students are expected to complete a Creative Action Project (capstone).
- Students have a maximum of four years from the initial date of enrollment to complete this degree.
|FIRST YEAR||SECOND YEAR|
Foundations of Creative Enterprise
Leadership & Creative Inquiry I
Collaborative & Cultural Leadership I
Innovation, Culture, & Sustainability I
Ecologically Restorative Business
Leadership & Creative Inquiry II
Collaborative & Cultural Leadership II
Innovation, Culture, & Sustainability II
Emergent Thinking in the Creative Economy
Leadership and Creative Inquiry III
Human Resources Development
Collaborative & Cultural Leadership III
Innovation, Culture, & Sustainability III
Research & Innovation in Business
Leadership & Creative Inquiry IV
Business & Social Entrepreneurship
Organizational Development & Transformation
Collaborative & Cultural Leadership IV
This overview is illustrative only; curricular choices are geared to the Monthly or Blended learning format. This curriculum is revised periodically and subject to change. Selected courses have online components.